Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gingerbread...here we come!

Green bean casserole, pecan pies and stuffed celery! That's my assignment for Thanksgiving. I am so excited for the holidays this year! In the past, I have been a bit of a Scrooge, but this year, I am already listening to Christmas songs and singing along!

I am making the trek to SLC this week and having sleep overs. Me and my sis are going to go see New Moon on Saturday, then make gingerbread. We have a tradition where after Thanksgiving dinner, we all make a gingerbread house, so that's what we are going to do. It's a chore, but the gang loves it.

We are trying to have everyone at Thanksgiving this year, because Dad probably won't be around next Thanksgiving. That makes us sad, but we are going to enjoy this year. I went and saw Dad yesterday and helped him eat his lunch. He is eating great, but very tired and sleeps a lot. I told him I love him. He smiled and said, "love you more." I am going to miss him.

Christmas is just around the corner and I have started the shopping. Little things here and there, but I have got stuff for my babies. They will probably not have a clue but it's fun. Dash is 6 months and Layla is 4 months. I am still searching for the that "perfect" gift for the Gabester!

I am thankful this year for many things. Most importantly, for my health. You just never know when that may slip away from you. You are in my prayers, Karen. I am thankful for my family. They are all I need in this crazy world we call life. I would be nothing without them. Love you all!

No comments: