My hair has been a multitude of colors throughout my life. No, seriously. It has been pale blond, golden blond, brown, dark brown, red, striped, and even green. The green was not supposed to be green, but that's what you get when you do it yourself as a senior in high school. I wanted to have some highlights around my face, so I used some pasty bleach and painted it onto my hair. Left it there for way too long, and then I had brown hair in the back and white hair in the front. It was horrible.
I could not go to school that way. So I got another brown color and "did it myself" and the white hair turned to green. Now it was a nightmare. In high school, "hair" was everything. It was the Farrah Fawcett" hair style that was in. I think I managed to get the green hair toned down a bit and went to school. After that, I learned a very important lesson. Unless you are a hair specialist, don't do it yourself.
After experiencing many different hair colors throughout the years, I decided I was going to get back to my roots, literally. I was going to go back to my natural color. The only thing is I was not prepared for the color of my natural color. I was shocked to see the swatch of color that my roots were. It was dark brown. Isn't that the weirdest thing ever? I always pictured myself to be the "fair" one of the family. But this was dark stuff. I just couldn't do it. Visions of my mom kept running through my head. My mom always had dark hair. Is it bad that I was having visions of her? I just didn't feel dark.
I don't know. I picked a shade that was a couple shades lighter than my natural color. I like it. It looks sophisticated, instead of trailer trash blond/red/brown. It looks rich and warm. Good for the winter season.......right? Who knows, maybe I will bring back the "green" look in the springtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment