Ron and I were called to work in the nursery yesterday. What are my thoughts about this? I am just not sure. A while ago, I was driving home and doing my best thinking. I thought to myself, "I need to be Catholic so I can just go to church, do the same thing over and over again." That way I don't need to worry about preparing anything, being there every week to give a lesson.
I am not going to think thoughts anymore! Just when I think things, I get a new calling or a change comes along and throws a curve ball. So, I am going to talk myself into liking this calling. Here goes:
Pros:
Little kids think I'm cool.
Spending time with my husband--we are the only ones at home, don't I do that enough?
I can love and hug little ones, when I am missing my little babies.
Hmmmm.
Cons:
We have to be there for 3 hours every week.
I can't sneak out after Sacrament meeting.
Other people depend on me.
No excuse for not getting my recommend now, since I will be there every week.
I guess this calling goes along with some other posts about new chapters. I need to embrace this calling and do it and enjoy it no matter what.
Since I didn't update this about Thanksgiving, I will do a quick mention of it now. Rob, Brandee, Gabe and Layla came over. Katie, Daniel and Lauren (Daniel's sister) came to our home. We had 11 and dinner turned out pretty good actually. And surprisingly, not many left overs. I might have to cook another turkey soon. I miss my mom at Thanksgiving. She knew how to cook and I always enjoyed eating her Thanksgiving dinner.
Cam, Ellie, Dash and Stella came over for pie. I took a great nap. Woke up in time to head to Walmart and the outlet stores in Park City. Crazy people who shop that day! We got some great deals. But Park City was great. Hardly no lines at all. I might have to do that next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment