Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sundays....

I know, I know. But I just got back from church. There has been so much on my mind this past week, plus a death. I just needed to talk about sitting in church and being spiritually fed. It was good!!

First, a scripture that hit me hard...
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? What kind of fruit will they know you by? I pondered that today. I know a few people that I know what kind of fruit they gather and it's nothing but thorns. I feel sorrow for them on the day of their funeral, because no one will be there and no nice words spoken.

No matter how bad or unfair people treat me, I will still be loved by the most important people and by my Heavenly Father and my Savior.

Another scripture that I have relied on this week is...

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how much I am hurting or how much I seem to dump on the Lord, He is always there for me. Always. How can I repay Him for that blessing? By doing everything I possibly can to make sure I return to live with him.


1 comment:

Kara Welker said...

Hey Julie! It's Kara! I love that you are a blogger!! Very Cute!