Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over....

Just when I think how great life is, it gets better. Really! I am so amazed at the goodness in my life lately.

Robbie and Brandee are going to have another baby. That means that in June I will be a grandma again, and then in July, I am going to be a grandma again too! Is life the best?

Things are in perspective right now in my life. Family....that's all that matters. Family is everything. Friday night, my dad came up missing again. This time he was on foot and was missing for 4 hours. The police found him in West Bountiful, after he knocked on someone's door and told them he was confused and lost. That is sad.

They brought him home, but he was injured. He had fallen and was bruised up a bit. After a long night in the emergency room, he was admitted with a broken shoulder, pneumonia and a urine infection. He is in the hospital, on IV's and learning how to do things with his right arm. He's a leftie you know.

Wow, it is hard to describe how hard it is to see your dad, lay there helpless in the hospital, asking you over and over again, "how did I get here?"

A little piece of your heart breaks each time he asks that. For somewhere down deep, you just wish he would be the same "dad" you grew up with. The big, tough guy who could do anything and would do anything for anybody. I love that man so much. He is probably my first hero.

1 comment:

Leisa said...

katie is so right!!! your blogs make everyone cry!!! i love you guys so much!!! can we please stay friends even when we don't see each other a lot?? like you and katie can come see me and i'll come see you!?