Monday, September 15, 2008

Gabriel

Another thing that makes me smile is Gabe. Every day I find myself smiling for no other reason than I am remembering something cute Gabe said. Last night, I was talking to Katie on the phone. We were both in tears, as that sometimes happens (just cause we miss each other ok)! Gabe opens my door and says, "Grandma, come look at the baby." What! Babies! I love babies. As I walk out of my room, Gabe turns around and says, "Yook, Grandma, yook!" Spencer and Kristal came to visit us and brought their newest addition , Burton. He is two months old and he is a cutie!
I had to hold him, of course, because that's what grandmas do. I am formally announcing to each of my children....."HAVE MORE BABIES!!!"
In my head, I am reasoning that if one grandbaby (Gabe) makes me smile every day, a whole bunch of grandbabies would make me have a permanent smile on my face....all day long, every day. That would not be so bad, would it? (Ron would have to agree with this.)
But no pressure guys. I mean don't stress over it. When it happens, it happens. But I promise when it does, I will be the best grandma ever!

No comments: