Sunday, November 13, 2011

A New Chapter

Today I went to Sacrament meeting by myself, because Ron was not feeling well.  It was the Primary program.  It was so tender and at the same time, I found it sad.  I miss the days when my kids would be in the program, singing or making faces at me and their dad. 


I miss the little things like that.  I want to have grandkids that sing in the Primary program so I can go see them.  I want to go to Grandparents day at their school.  Those are the things I am looking forward to now. 


I don't miss the hassle of homework, the worry when they are sick, the worry of where is the money going to come from for this dance.  I don't miss the mean kids in school and the times when you have to explain to your babies, that some kids are just mean.  I don't miss the stressing over every little thing imaginable.  I do miss the daily little things.  The laughs, the communication, the baths, getting them ready for bed.  And I miss having them sit next to me in church and trying to keep them quiet.  Today......it was too quiet on my bench.  

1 comment:

K said...

Okay I cried again!!